Sales Representative - Pharma/Biotech/Industrial Job
Date: Aug 19, 2014
Location: Morgantown, WV, US
Physical Location: Southeast PA & Morgantown Location: Sales - Northeastern Zone
Location City: Morgantown Department/Function: Sales
State/Territory/Province: US-WV Last updated: 8/6/14 1:52 PM
VWR International, LLC, headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is a global laboratory supply and distribution company with worldwide sales in excess of $4.1 billion in 2012. VWR enables the advancement of the world's most critical research through the distribution of a highly diversified product line to most of the world's top companies in the pharmaceutical, biotech, industrial, educational, governmental and healthcare industries. With 160 years of industry experience, VWR offers a well-established distribution network that reaches thousands of specialized labs and facilities spanning the globe. VWR has over 8,000 associates around the world working to streamline the way researchers across North America, Europe, and Asia stock and maintain their labs. In addition, VWR further supports its customers by providing onsite services, storeroom management, product procurement, supply chain systems integration and technical services.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed. We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Accountable for all sales activities, from lead generation through close in an assigned territory. Develops and implements agreed upon Operating Plan which will meet both personal and business goals of expanding customer sales in the assigned geography. Works within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company business strategy.
In this role, you will provide VWR solutions to customers across the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, and Industrial & Production Technology markets.
- The Pharmaceutical market is comprised of companies who are engaged in the research and production of prescription drug products who have an FDA approved drug. This includes production methods by synthesis and biologics, generics, and CRO/CMO organization.
- The BioTech market focuses on early stage BioTech, BioPharma and other Life Science product and service related companies that are in discovery (R&D) through early stages of commercialization.
- The Industrial & Production Technology markets include agriculture, chemical/petrochemical, environmental, diagnostics, energy, food & beverage, medical device, and microelectronics industries.
- Manage a territory consisting of many customers across various markets
- Prospect and establish new customers by managing a sales pipeline and developing and delivering proposals to customers by illustrating VWR's value proposition
- Sell consultatively, detailing products, determine customer needs and requirements, and make recommendations to both prospects and customers of the various solutions VWR can offer their business
- Work with sales management to develop strategic territory business plans for achievement of sales growth and quota attainment
- Work in conjunction with sales management team providing proposals and implementing sales strategies to achieve sales growth
- Build and sustain relationships with customers and ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Manage VWR's vast product portfolio and execute and implement company defined sales and marketing strategies
- Expand VWR's role with existing customers by developing retention strategies illustrating VWR's value proposition in conjunction with evolving customer requirements
- Leverage available resources to effectively implement company marketing plan, strategies and sales processes
- Represent and develop strong relationships with manufacturers
- Work directly with local manufacturer representatives to develop and continually improve product knowledge, arrive at most favored pricing, and improve account profitability
Experience & Skills:
- Excellent communication and team interaction skills, routinely interacting with customers, manufacturers, and VWR staff
- Ability to carry on a business conversation with business owners and decision makers
- Ability to handle difficult situations and interactions
- Ability to work independently and successfully manage time and territory
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to sell strategically within an account
- Ability to understand individual customer operations
- Willingness to travel to customer locations
- Computer Knowledge (Microsoft Office)
- College Degree or equivalent experience required
- 1-3+ Years Sales Experience Preferred
- Business to Business Sales Experience Preferred
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR maintains a drug free workplace
VWR International is a US Federal contractor.
Nearest Major Market: Morgantown
Job Segment: Biotech, Medical, Pharmaceutical Sales, Sales Rep, Science, Sales, Healthcare